Monday, 2 March 2009

A room with a view

Now that the risk of psychotic former associates tracking us down and demanding vast sums of money has somewhat dimished, I thought it safe to post a picture of the view from the balcony of our new appartment, in the prestigious Sablon district of Brussels. Although you can't quite see it in the evening light, the building to the right of the picture is particularly striking, with its stained glass balcony. I haven't yet been able to discover whether the cables connecting our building with the one across the street are live electric wires or simply washing lines, but for now I am keeping my distance just in case.

In other news, I have now ceased to be a "lady of leisure" as I started my new job today. But fret not, as we still plan to keep the blog updated with pointless musings for the forseeable future.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that the stained-glass promontory on the building opposite might in fact be a water closet. I live in fear of being greeted with a cry of 'gardez l'eau' as I step out of our front door in the morning...

    ReplyDelete